Kilmatogh
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kilmatogh

Place to discuss the Kilmatogh Community and its strange disappearance.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Mystery starts here!

+3
J.Howey
MetaMur
SusanaB
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 11]

226The Mystery starts here! - Page 10 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:17 pm

SusanaB

SusanaB

Good Lord, this is crazy stuff! I can't be a party to illegal file sharing and would advise our well-meaning whistle-blower that he, or she, is acting contrary to the responsibility a person with sensitive government material should act. Yes, I know you disagree with Leitrim County Council's methods, as you say, but still, I think you might be doing a disservice to your country sharing any further sensitive material in your possession.

227The Mystery starts here! - Page 10 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:40 am

Kidrotten

Kidrotten

Urgh! Don't be such a spoilsport, SusanaB. I for one am very curious how the pseudoscience conducted by the XUAL Community could be of any benefit to the Irish DoD. We don't exactly rank as a First World Power, nor do we have a Secret Intelligence Service, a military force worth a mouse's fart, or a clandestine division of the government hell-bent on world domination (unlike some nations out there. I'm not naming names, but they sound like “Bamerica” and “Nussia”).

228The Mystery starts here! - Page 10 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:49 am

J.Howey

J.Howey
Admin

You're also missing the point, Susana, that these people in the XUAL Community died so that this information would not be made public. I think we owe it to them to reveal what exactly it is that they sacrificed their lives for. It's in the public's interest.

Last edited by J.Howey on Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://kilmatogh.simplesite.com

229The Mystery starts here! - Page 10 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:31 am

SusanaB

SusanaB

No, John, it is you who are missing the point. It might be “in the public's interest” but are the public interested in it? This whistleblower's life is just as much in danger today from the same forces who destroyed the XUAL Community back in 1982. And asking him or her to reveal more details about the experiments that took place at Kilmatogh is akin to aiming a loaded weapon at them.

230The Mystery starts here! - Page 10 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:31 am

J.Howey

J.Howey
Admin

I understand where you're coming from, I really do and I respect it, but I disagree. Times have changed since the tragedy that took place that night of August 3rd, 1982. It's 2016, and no one believes the lies of the politicians; the Church as lost its power; and the Garda have lost all semblance of self-respect. It's a different world today and I'm guessing most of the people involved have probably died of old age or have retired from their prior positions of authority.

Last edited by J.Howey on Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

231The Mystery starts here! - Page 10 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:32 am

SusanaB

SusanaB

It's just not right. You'll have to forgo any more revelations, even if it means you won't get any more tid-bits to go in the local history book you're writing.

232The Mystery starts here! - Page 10 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:02 pm

MetaMur

MetaMur

Oh, this is oh-so-much bigger than John's wee book. We talking about a national scandal now more than a local historical triviality.

233The Mystery starts here! - Page 10 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:03 pm

Kidrotten

Kidrotten

Yeah, the fate of the universe may be a stake! Okay, I'm exaggerating a lot there, but I'd still like a peek at those secret case files.

234The Mystery starts here! - Page 10 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:04 pm

J.Howey

J.Howey
Admin

Sorry, Susana, you've been outnumbered and out-voted.

Last edited by J.Howey on Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

235The Mystery starts here! - Page 10 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:13 pm

SusanaB

SusanaB

By the men, I see! Heh, you're always the ones to run head first into trouble! Don't say I didn't warn yous though.

236The Mystery starts here! - Page 10 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:14 pm

MetaMur

MetaMur

No sign of our whistleblower friend with the casefiles yet? Wonder what's happened to him.

237The Mystery starts here! - Page 10 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Kidrotten

Kidrotten

Huh, I was just thinking that myself, Frank. Do you think he was found out? Also, I wonder whether this phoney ritual the magic school Principal cooked up for us is still on for December 21st (not that I'm going, of course). John hasn't been on here in a while to tell us anything new.

238The Mystery starts here! - Page 10 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:01 pm

Marychristmas

Marychristmas

Here's something about the founding of the magic school that might be of interest: It's from the book 'Way Of The Wizard (Omnibus Edition)'; a novelisation about a first year apprentice's experience at the school in Blackross in 2009 and published earlier this year. I bought it from here: thedarkrepublic-com.webs.com/ I've scanned the prologue pages which is where the information is mostly at.

The Mystery starts here! - Page 10 Way_of19  The Mystery starts here! - Page 10 Way_of20   The Mystery starts here! - Page 10 Way_of21   The Mystery starts here! - Page 10 Way_of22

I wonder about this passage in the Prologue, where it says: "The brooding Gothic building was built in the Victorian era and its faculty have always been professional and discreet. Not one of the magic students suspected that the magic school was built as a spiritual rampart against demonic forces."
Could the author be insinuating that the school was built as some kind of "stopper" holding back the demonic forces of the hellgate of Kilmatogh? Is that why the Principal wants to dissuade anybody asking questions about the XUAL Community who settled over the hellgate? Mmm.....the mystery deepens.

239The Mystery starts here! - Page 10 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:27 pm

Anonymouse

Anonymouse

Kidrotten wrote:Do you think he was found out?
No, I was not found out. It's hard getting the time free to be on here as I've been very busy these past few weeks. I got a few pages of the case file (see them here: https://document.li/7eT7), more to come later.

240The Mystery starts here! - Page 10 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:25 pm

Kidrotten

Kidrotten

Marychristmas wrote: Could the author be insinuating that the school was built as some kind of "stopper" holding back the demonic forces of the hellgate of Kilmatogh?
That's a big intuitive leap you're taking interpreting the author like that, but your guess is as good as any.
So, we waited like three weeks and Anonymouse only gives us ONE more document to whet our appetites? No fair!

241The Mystery starts here! - Page 10 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:44 pm

J.Howey

J.Howey
Admin

Kidrotten wrote:I wonder whether this phoney ritual the magic school Principal cooked up for us is still on for December 21st (not that I'm going, of course). John hasn't been on here in a while to tell us anything new.
Yeah, it's still on. I haven't tipped off the Principal that we know what he and the County Manager are planning to do, thanks to Anonymouse.
BTW thanks for that new document; we now have the beginning and the end of the government's nefarious involvement at Kilmatogh. The DoD must have put up the cash for the Council to purchase the bog sometime after 1961 and funded the experiments there when Cassin founded his XUAL Community in 1969.

Last edited by J.Howey on Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

242The Mystery starts here! - Page 10 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:44 pm

SusanaB

SusanaB

J.Howey wrote: Yeah, it's still on. I haven't tipped off the Principal that we know what he and the County Manager are planning to do, thanks to Anonymouse.
Any further updates, John?

243The Mystery starts here! - Page 10 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:22 pm

Kidrotten

Kidrotten

Finally, somebody has posted! Let me say, Susana, no one went back to that Devil's Plantation. John led the Principal on to believe they were still going ahead with the ritual, but he had no intention of going there and getting caught by the guards, on council property. After that, I've no clue what happened since. Sorry.

244The Mystery starts here! - Page 10 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:32 pm

SusanaB

SusanaB

Thanks, Kidrotten, for your swift reply. I wasn't sure there was anybody else still on here, it's been ages since the last update.
So, you haven't heard from John since then, huh? That's interesting! I wonder if he's finished his book?
Um, one question: What is the "Devil's Plantation" that you reference, is it Kilmatogh bog?

245The Mystery starts here! - Page 10 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:48 pm

Kidrotten

Kidrotten

Yes, I mean the bog and its underground temple complex. By proxy, I'm referring to any cursed parcel of land believed to be given over to the spirits and the Devil himself, also known as a "Devil's Acre", "Devil's Hopyard", "Devil's Backbone" or "Devil's Den". Do you know the poet J.G. Whittier? He wrote a poem about unhallowed grounds and accursed acreages titled "The Devil's Den", which for me is highly reminiscent of our horrid experience in the damned subterranean upside-down pyramid at Kilmatogh. Read this:

'Tis said that this cave is an evil place
The chosen haunt of a fallen race
That the midnight traveller oft hath seen
A red flame tremble its jaws between,
And lighten and quiver the boughs among,
Like the fiery play of a serpent's tongue;
That sounds of fear from its chambers swell
The ghostly gibber, the fiendish yell;
That bodiless hands at its entrance wave,
And hence they have named it The Demon's Cave.
Yet is there something to fancy dear
In this silent cave and its lingering fear,
Something which tells of another age,
Of the wizard's wand, and the Sybil's page,
Of the fairy ring and the haunted glen,
And the restless phantoms of murdered men:
The grandame's tale, and the nurse's song
The dreams of childhood remembered long;
And I love even now to list the tale
Of the Demon's Cave, and its haunted vale."

246The Mystery starts here! - Page 10 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:02 pm

SusanaB

SusanaB

Thanks for that clarification. Places ascribed with devil-names are unsettling for me. It's like saying some part of Earth was handed over to the devil as part of his evil scheme for humanity. Heaven forbid! I just don't like to think about it.

247The Mystery starts here! - Page 10 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:31 am

Marychristmas

Marychristmas

Has John finished is little history book yet? Haven't heard from him in a while. I sent him a private message, though I'm still waiting for a response.
The Mystery starts here! - Page 10 Y-u-no10

248The Mystery starts here! - Page 10 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:59 pm

Anonymouse

Anonymouse

My contact in town has told me that Mr John Howey was found lying on the roadside outside Blackross. The Coroner said he died from sustained injuries and the Gardai are treating his death as suspicious. They think he may have been run over. No witnesses have come forward and there aren't any leads. That's all the information I have, I'm afraid.

249The Mystery starts here! - Page 10 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:04 pm

Marychristmas

Marychristmas

Look here's what the papers said.
The Mystery starts here! - Page 10 News_s11
How tragic! Prayers go out to his family and friends.

250The Mystery starts here! - Page 10 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:06 pm

Kidrotten

Kidrotten

Jesus, that's terrible news! I can't believe it. They finally did him in, those bastards. RIP.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum