Kilmatogh
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kilmatogh

Place to discuss the Kilmatogh Community and its strange disappearance.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Mystery starts here!

+3
J.Howey
MetaMur
SusanaB
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 11]

26The Mystery starts here! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:58 pm

Kidrotten

Kidrotten

Tell me one reputable institution that practices any of that?

27The Mystery starts here! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:01 pm

SusanaB

SusanaB

There's the Princeton Engineering Anomalies Research (PEAR) project in Princeton. It's a great example of psychical research — their project ran from 1979 until 2007. It was aimed at examining whether there was any factual basis for theories in mind/matter interaction, or extrasensory perception (ESP). Another example would be the University of Virginia’s Division of Perceptual Studies, in which they explored phenomena such as reincarnation, near death experiences (NDEs), and out of body experiences (OBEs).
As the University of Calgary points out, parapsychology is an interdisciplinary field which has attracted physicists, engineers, biologists, psychologists, and researchers in other sciences as well.

28The Mystery starts here! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:03 pm

Marychristmas

Marychristmas

That's shown him! lol!

29The Mystery starts here! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:05 pm

SusanaB

SusanaB

Marychristmas wrote:That's shown him!
Well, he did ask for it so he did.

30The Mystery starts here! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:18 pm

Marychristmas

Marychristmas

Okay, listen up: John wants to write about the community in Kilmatogh. So, aren't we getting way off topic here? Anybody got any details about the Kilmatogh community they want to share?

31The Mystery starts here! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:26 pm

J.Howey

J.Howey
Admin

Thanks for cracking the whip, Mary. I was about to suggest getting back on topic, but, quite frankly, I've nothing new to share. There must be other individuals out there who know a little about this subject but for some reason or other are keeping quiet, unwilling to talk. It's so frustrating!

Last edited by J.Howey on Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

http://kilmatogh.simplesite.com

32The Mystery starts here! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:10 pm

MetaMur

MetaMur

I have a suggestion that might help: Since we found out their name is XUAL (pronounced “Zool” possibly?) there's bound to be registered documents deposited in the Companies Registration Office, like Articles of Association and whatnot. The Revenue might even have their Tax details. I know it's a long shot, but maybe it's worth a try?

33The Mystery starts here! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:51 pm

J.Howey

J.Howey
Admin

That's an excellent idea, MetaMur! All societies and associations are suppose to be registered with the State. I'm not sure why I didn't think of that? Of course, we're talking about about a society that's now defunct, but there's bound to be records. It's worth a try as you say. I'll get right on that and email them. Thanks for that suggestion!

Last edited by J.Howey on Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

34The Mystery starts here! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:08 pm

MetaMur

MetaMur

My pleasure! I hope you find something and let us know how you get on with it.

35The Mystery starts here! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:56 pm

Marychristmas

Marychristmas

Mmmm, just a note of caution: Nothing came up with "XUAL" in its title when I searched the CRO database for Registered Friendly Societies (RFS) having that name. You might have to write to them as you mentioned, J.Howey, and pay a small fee for any information they give you?

EDIT: I looked on the CRO site; the RFS doesn't have a dedicated website, nor does it store information electronically so it is not in a position to supply bulk data. They can supply basic registration details free of charge, such as, registered name, registered number, registered office, whether registered or cancelled, society type, the latest year for which an annual is filed. The fee to inspect a public record file for a Friendly Society currently stands at €6. Photocopies of all documents on the public file cost 25 cents per page for the first 10 pages and 10 cents per page thereafter. (This service is also available by post.)

It should be noted that the RFS is not required under the Regulations to create or adapt any document in order to comply with a request, or to provide extracts from documents where this would involve disproportionate effort, going beyond a simple operation or to continue the production of a certain type of document with a view to re-use.

If an individual requests the RFS to release documents for the purpose of re-use of public sector information, the RFS will notify the applicant of the Licence charge applicable to the re-use of the specified documents.

Sorry, I can't post links to the pages on the CRO site where I'm getting this information, forum won't let me as I'm a new member!

36The Mystery starts here! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:38 pm

J.Howey

J.Howey
Admin

You mean here https://search.cro.ie/rfs/? Em, I'll still have to write to them at their registry office in Dublin. Can't find the page you mention that talks about a license fee to reuse their data (that I might want to reprint in my book). Guess I'll ask them about that too in my letter. Thanks Mary.

Last edited by J.Howey on Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

37The Mystery starts here! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:59 am

DanTheMan

DanTheMan

Sometimes you come across the interests of others that mirrors your own completely. So it is with this story I did back a few years ago. Glad to see someone has touched on those tragic events of that night. I think you'll find this transcript especially relevant.

[TRANSCRIPT]

Just why was the case closed on the terrible disappearance of a community numbering over 80 people? And why hasn't any evidence surfaced after a decade? Is there a conspiracy of silence?  Leitrim Gazette's Dan Cobern investigates.

For almost two decades, Jenna and Albert Cummings have lived with the overwhelming grief of losing their daughter when the community in Kilmatogh vanished in a mysterious fire during the night of August 3rd, 1982.

Dan: Firstly, I'd like to thank you for agreeing to speak with me today on this difficult subject.
Jenna Cummings: You'd have thought after all this time you'd be able to talk about it, as you can tell, it's still very hard.
Dan: Back in 1982, your daughter, Annmarie Cummings, was a lively 22-year-old girl living in rural County Leitrim. She was part of a research community at Kilmatogh working, as I believe, on experiments involved with expanding human awareness.
Jenna Cummings: That's right. We tried to get her a different job, closer to home. We didn't think it was the place for our daughter to be in.
Dan: And why is that?
Jenna Cummings: Listen, there were certain things no one was suppose to know outside the community, not even blood relations.
Dan: Like what?
Jenna Cummings: To begin with, she was seeing Malcolm Cassin.
Dan: Malcolm Cassin the founder who started the community? Some called him a “hippie guru”.  But he must've been in his mid-sixties.
Jenna Cummings: Yes!
Dan: And your daughter was having a romantic relationship with him?
Jenna Cummings: If that's what you want to call it, then yes.
Dan: Why was it not supposed to be known outside the community? Why keep it a secret?
Jenna Cummings: Well, everything Cassin did was a secret. On the outside he gathered a few followers to start the community with the aim of performing scientific experiments. But on the inside he wasn't, how should I say it? Not a.... grounded person. His areas of study went beyond anything the rest of his community had any desire to tamper with: the lower planes, the underworld, the demonic realm.
Dan: I'm afraid I'm not following you.
Jenna Cummings: I know very little of this from direct observation; most of it I managed to pick up from our daughter's conversations. So I caution you it's not entirely reliable.
Dan: What did your daughter say about his special 'areas of study'?
Jenna Cummings: She said he made contact with the gods of the underworld. Demons.
Dan: Demons of the mind, or actual hell and brimstone demons?
Jenna Cummings: Look, we didn't bring our daughter up to be a head case, we really didn't. But as far as I'm concerned, her work with Cassin in that hippie commune had caused her to break with reality.

--------------------------------
The Cumming's worst fears were realized when Annmarie and the rest of the Kilmatogh community disappeared in the early hours of Aug. 3rd 1982.
(1982 news report audio snippet)
Reporter: "It was sometime after 2 o'clock Wednesday morning when the community in Kilmatogh went up in a blazing inferno along with all its residents..."

Dan: After hearing about the fire, the Cummings were frantic. Albert Cummings and his wife searched in vain for Annmarie.
Albert Cummings: We just got in my car and drove straight to Leitrim and just started driving all the back roads looking for any sign of Annmarie.
Dan: How were you feeling? Panicked?
Albert Cummings: Yes, Dan! I was scared for my daughter. We thought maybe she was hurt. Maybe she had survived the fire.
Dan: But you didn't find her.
Albert Cummings: No. Nothing.
Dan: Later that same month, the Gardai and local authorities called off the investigation into what happened at Kilmatogh and closed the case without so much as an explanation to the families of the missing community members. How did this make you feel...the authorities closing the case like that?
Albert Cummings: You're just numb.....You just can't believe that something big like that could happen, you know, and then have the case shut down and nobody have any explanation. We didn't even have any remains to put in her coffin at the funeral.

The bizarre mystery surrounding the fire that witnesses believe began under the site of the Xual community stunned the quiet, rural town of Blackross, located just two miles north of the site. After the eyewitness reports of the fire, Gardai launched an intensive investigation of the area, and at one point focused on some promising leads, but to the Cummings's distress nothing was found, or should I say, ever made public.

Albert Cummings: I didn't expect the case to be closed down so soon. I figured they'd have at least told the relatives what they think happened that night.
Dan: You believe there's a conspiracy of silence surrounding the events?
Albert Cummings: Yes. We have always believed someone from the nearby town must have seen something -- or heard -- something that night. Not just the townsfolk, but maybe others too, and they're keeping it a secret. We're convinced someone is holding something back.
Dan: But no one has talked yet?
Albert Cummings: No.

Annmarie and everyone else from the community of Kilmatogh were all but forgotten. How Jenna and Albert Cummings have to live with never fully knowing what happened to their daughter is a heartbreaking thing to see. The lasting impression is that this mystery is still very much relevant today as it was when it first tragically occurred on that faithful night: August 3rd, 1982.

[TRANSCRIPT ENDS HERE]

This story was originally meant to be printed in the Leitrim Gazette, but it got quashed and never saw the light of day.

38The Mystery starts here! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:40 pm

Marychristmas

Marychristmas

Goes to show you the lives that this has damaged. Is that really Dan Cobern from the Leitrim Gazette?

39The Mystery starts here! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:43 pm

DanTheMan

DanTheMan

Yes it is, Mary. Well, actually I'm retired now.

40The Mystery starts here! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:49 pm

Marychristmas

Marychristmas

Wow! I remember reading your stories in the paper from years back. They were always interesting and current. I'm a huge fan!

41The Mystery starts here! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:02 pm

DanTheMan

DanTheMan

Why thank you. Can I have your number? [Only joking, my wife would kill me, haha!]

42The Mystery starts here! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:15 pm

J.Howey

J.Howey
Admin

Thanks Mr Cobern, for posting on here! At least now we have the name of the founder of the group and another member's name. It's interesting that the mother calls the community a "hippie commune"; wonder if she meant it to be derogatory?

Last edited by J.Howey on Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

43The Mystery starts here! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:21 pm

Kidrotten

Kidrotten

Of course it was meant to be derogatory, John! No offense to DanTheMan, but there's nothing substantial for us to go on yet, just a couple of names - Annmarie Cummings, Malcolm Cassin - and a vague direction of where the community was located. My Google search throws up absolutely nothing on them.

44The Mystery starts here! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:25 pm

Marychristmas

Marychristmas

Why would it? They disappeared before the internet age!
The Mystery starts here! - Page 2 Before11

45The Mystery starts here! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:27 pm

Kidrotten

Kidrotten

Yes, I know they pre-date the damn internet (but still you'd think there'd be at least something!).

46The Mystery starts here! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:33 pm

J.Howey

J.Howey
Admin

Okay, looking on the Leitrim Ordinance Survey map I'm guessing the former site of the community is out the Dublin Road, south of Blackross town. If follow that road for at least 2 miles, I might be close to the spot. I'll wait until Saturday morning to go out and see for myself.
The Mystery starts here! - Page 2 Leitri10

Last edited by J.Howey on Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:36 pm; edited 2 times in total

47The Mystery starts here! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:39 pm

Marychristmas

Marychristmas

Will you tell us what you find, John? I'm very curious to hear what's out there.

48The Mystery starts here! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:40 pm

Kidrotten

Kidrotten

And take some good pictures! Since I'm probably never gonna go there myself, I'd still like to see the site!

49The Mystery starts here! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:48 pm

J.Howey

J.Howey
Admin

I shall endeavour to do my best, so as not to disappoint you both.

Last edited by J.Howey on Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

50The Mystery starts here! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:36 pm

SusanaB

SusanaB

Just reading DanTheMan's post again, what a terrible thing for those poor folks to go through. My heart goes out to them! John, have you written to the Register of Friendly Societies yet? Did they reply to you?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum