Kilmatogh
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kilmatogh

Place to discuss the Kilmatogh Community and its strange disappearance.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Mystery starts here!

+3
J.Howey
MetaMur
SusanaB
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 11]

201The Mystery starts here! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:04 pm

J.Howey

J.Howey
Admin

MetaMur wrote:Actually, I've always been a bit afraid of them, which is weird because I've never had any dealings with the teachers or their apprentices, whatsoever.
Really? I'm surprised. I'd have thought that sort of school was right up your alley, what with your interests and everything!

Last edited by J.Howey on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://kilmatogh.simplesite.com

202The Mystery starts here! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:15 pm

MetaMur

MetaMur

Might have had the interest but not the funds. The magic school is not State run, so you'd have to pay if you wanted to go there. When I was sixteen my folks couldn't afford it, plus there wasn't any scholarships for teenagers wanting to become wizards. It would have been great to have gone though, looking back.

203The Mystery starts here! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:20 pm

J.Howey

J.Howey
Admin

I got a response from the Principal. He sounds nice enough judging by his letterhttps://www.scribd.com/document/329132504/Letter-From-Principal, but he's asking for a copy of my research, which I didn't expect. I guess I've got to give a little to get a little, eh?

Here's his business card that he included with his letter:

The Mystery starts here! - Page 9 Magic_10

Last edited by J.Howey on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

204The Mystery starts here! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:40 pm

MetaMur

MetaMur

"Surprising" would be my reaction, John. But be sure to send your research via registered post, so they can't claim they never recieved anything (remember you're dealing with slippery customers when it's wizards).

205The Mystery starts here! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:08 am

J.Howey

J.Howey
Admin

MetaMur wrote:But be sure to send your research via registered post
Yep, I sent it by signed-for package, so now I'll know exactly when they get it. Thanks for the advice, Frank.
I've uploaded the final chapter of my book to Scribd (you can read it here: https://www.scribd.com/document/329283466/Chapter-Six-draft). It's final, in at least as far as I'm willing to waffle without going completely off topic. Again, I'd appreciate any feedback or suggestions for improvement you might have after reading it.

Last edited by J.Howey on Wed May 31, 2017 6:26 pm; edited 2 times in total

206The Mystery starts here! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:05 pm

J.Howey

J.Howey
Admin

Hope everyone had a great Halloween!
So, I met with the magic school Principal after Halloween. He's quite old you know; has snow white hair, pale blue eyes, and the beginnings of liver spots on his hands. I'm surprised he isn't retired. We arranged to meet in Lizzy's Place (or, “Elizabeth's Place” if you're not a local of Blackross) on Quay Road at 5pm, November 2nd. We ate good Thai food there and had some damn fine coffee and cherry pie afterwards. I was disappointed I wasn't invited to see the inside the Gothic school building, but apparently the place was shut up for the winter holidays. The Principal gave me back my research documents and I took out a dictaphone I'd brought to record our conversation (a transcription of which I give below):

Principal: I've read all your notes and documentation, John, and I must commend you on your research abilities. I reckon it's not an easy subject to write about?
Me: You got that right, what with all that's happened to me since starting down this road. So, um, Master Thomas, you told me in your letter that this XUAL Community is not unknown to you. Can you tell me something about them that I haven't already uncovered?
Principal: About the XUAL Community?
Me: Yes.
Principal: They were a research group set up to conduct fringe experiments into awareness and consciousness in order to create some sort of, uh, utopian society. Kilmatogh was their test bed. If
their experiments worked they'd expand to the rest of the world.
Me: Are they, I mean, were they bad or good?
Principal: You mean morally?
Me: Yeah.
Principal: Oh, I'm sure it started out that way, but they eventually came into conflict with the
law... and it ended badly for them.
Me: (I smiled) Yes, indeed. I have that in my notes. And what about the site of their experiments;
Kilmatogh bog? What about my nightmares and visions; what do you think they are? What about my friend's visions and experiences and about what happened to the archaeologists who excavated the site back in the mid-1950s?
(He gathered his thoughts. I sensed that a lot of my future research depended on how he was going to answer this.)
Principal: I think all those occurance are not unconnected, I'm afraid to say.
Me: Go on.
Principal: I don't think they're just occurances of different things, but some of them may be. I don't believe they're all just random incidents either. A propos, an Eminence Grise must be behind it.
Me: You think somebody is pulling the strings? Is that your paranoia showing or do you
believe in conspiracy theories?
Principal: It seems to me that encountering whatever is residing at the bog is akin to paranormal
phenomena...eh, hauntings, if you will.
Me: Hauntings?
Principal: Yes, though not like encountering some poltergeist or wimpy chain rattling ghost. Whatever is out there, causes a life-altering experience. Comparable, in some ways, to how people used to describe a "religious conversion". Cross that threshold, it's hard going back.
Me: Do you honestly believe my investigations have gotten me anywhere near the truth of the matter?
Proncipal: Yes.
Me: Then why is it here? Does it just want to scare people?
Principal: Probably doesn't know what it wants.
Me: So, based on that evidence, do you think there's any real or effective way to contain this
thing?
Principal: The only tried and true way is to work out why it's here...and erm, resolve it.
Me: Fabulous! Resolve it how?
Principal: Banish it with an exorcism.
Me: Are you crazy? I saw that movie. Even the priest died!
(The Principal takes out a photocopy of the XUAL Community map of Kilmatogh bog and places it on the table in front of me.)
Principal: Here's the deal: See this spot? (Points to an area on the map highlighted in red marker.) That's where the Bull idol was until recently. It's the entrance to the underground temple the archaeologists discovered in 1956, the hot spot where all the bad mojo is coming from. (He looks around the diner and lowers his voice conspiratorily) We need to create a Mangus tripod.
Me: A what?
(He puts his finger on a place marked on the map.)
Principal: One person chants here on the hot spot, and another three individuals chant in other
places around the spot, forming a triangle.
Me: Will this exorcise it?
Principal: It's suppose to bind the bad mojo and keep it from doing any more harm. I'll take the hot
spot. If there's trouble that's where it'll be.
Me: What do I do?
Principal: Get two other friends to help you form the triangle.
(Tom and Frank, jump to mind.)
Me: When do you want to do this ritual?
Principal: At the winter solstice. When day equals night and the forces of light and dark are perfectly aligned.
Me: Um, that's December 21st, right?
(He folded up the map again and put it in his pocket.)
Principal: Yep. Plenty of time to prepare. Any questions?
Me: Yeah. What if this mangy triangle doesn't work?
Principal: Then school's out for good.
(I look over at the waitress and call out.)
Me: Cheque, please!

Last edited by J.Howey on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:39 pm; edited 3 times in total

207The Mystery starts here! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:18 pm

Kidrotten

Kidrotten

I don't know about you, but I'm ain't going to do no exorcism in that bog hole! I'm on antipsychotic meds (Clozapine) thanks to that damn place! I'm only now beginning to feel normal again. Find some other dope to do that kooky ritual rubbish.
The Mystery starts here! - Page 9 Voodoo10

208The Mystery starts here! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:25 pm

Marychristmas

Marychristmas

There's that sceptic we all know and loath.. erm, I mean love! You had us worried with your absence from the forum! That last message you posted on here was very strange to say the least. Hope you're feeling better Kidrotten?

209The Mystery starts here! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:42 pm

Kidrotten

Kidrotten

Marychristmas wrote:Hope you're feeling better Kidrotten?
I am better thank you, Mary. I think psychosis is largely misunderstood in our society, although most know it when they see it. My experience has made me think about reality and whether we really have a good handle on it. What I underwent wasn't an abrupt "break with reality", as it's commonly described, more like a slide than a break. I mean, who knew transient drug-induced psychoses can make a person slide in-and-out of reality, and back-and-forth?
Psychoses is not at all like a Humpty-Dumpty situation; people do get put back together again. I'm a testament to that. But losing contact with the "real", such as hearing, seeing, tasting, smelling, or feeling something that has no external correlate (i.e., hallucinations) or believing something to be true that is false, fixed, and fantastic (i.e. delusions) or being unable to sequence one’s thoughts or control ideas that become increasingly tangential (ie. disordered), or emotions wildly inconsistent with external reality (such as a manic episode, or a complete absence of any feeling) is an experience that has changed me forever. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it was a good thing, rather, it was hellish experience.

Last edited by Kidrotten on Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:34 pm; edited 2 times in total

210The Mystery starts here! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:28 pm

Anonymouse

Anonymouse

“Through me you go into the city of grief:
Through me you go into the pain that is eternal:
Through me you go among people lost.

Justice moved by exalted creator:
The divine power made me,
The Supreme wisdom, and the primal love.

Before me all created things were eternal,
And eternal I will last.
Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.”

Although these words seem ridiculous, they are part of something sinister and real, something which you do not yet understand; involving the County Council, the Church, the magic school, the Gardai, and the forced disappearance of numerous people over the years at Kilmatogh bog.

211The Mystery starts here! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:45 pm

Kidrotten

Kidrotten

Anonymouse wrote:Although these words seem ridiculous, they are part of something sinister and real, something which you do not understand. Involving the County Council, the Church, the magic school, the Gardai, and the forced disappearance of numerous people over the years at Kilmatogh bog.
Eh? What the heck does that mean?

212The Mystery starts here! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:50 pm

MetaMur

MetaMur

Those lines are copied down by hell's most famous tourist, Dante Alighieri, in Canto III, of Inferno, if I'm not mistaken! Similarly echoed in the 17th Century by England's greatest typographical of worlds satanic and divine (Paradise Lost) who warned that hell was nothing less than “Regions of sorrow, doleful shades, where peace / And rest can never dwell, hope never comes / That comes to all.” (Bk.1, lines 65-67). So, who might you be, 'Anonymouse'? Going by that handle and with an avatar like Mickey Mouse is very clever and original. Kudos to you.

213The Mystery starts here! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:46 pm

J.Howey

J.Howey
Admin

Kidrotten wrote:Eh? What the heck does that mean?
Yeah, what's with the cryptic warning?

Last edited by J.Howey on Wed May 31, 2017 6:29 pm; edited 2 times in total

214The Mystery starts here! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:24 pm

Anonymouse

Anonymouse

The authorities know you've been asking questions about the disappearance of the XUAL Community. Don't trust the magic school Principal. His school is funded by the Heritage Council through the Heritage Office of the County Council, so, he's not as impartial as he may at first appear. You sent him your research papers into the disappearance of the XUAL Community? Well, after he got them (and before he asked you to meet with him on November 2nd), he had a private meeting with the County Manager to show him your papers. Together they hatched a plan to arrange for your arrest by catching you trespassing on government property. That's why the Principal proposed the exorcism on the bog; so that the Guards would lie in wait for you -and anybody else doing the ritual with you- then they'd spring into action, come out and arrest you for trespassing.

215The Mystery starts here! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:48 pm

J.Howey

J.Howey
Admin

How do you know all this? Who are you?

Last edited by J.Howey on Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

216The Mystery starts here! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:01 pm

Anonymouse

Anonymouse

Let's just say I work for the authorities, but I don't like their methods. I overheard the County Manager and the Principal talking behind closed doors in his office. Here's what I heard them say during their meeting prior to your own with the Principal:

County Manager: What'll you tell him; swamp gas?
Principal Thomas: Never sell.
County Manager: The bog is haunted.
Principal Thomas: I can probably make that one fly. However, this is getting out of hand...
County Manager: Then take care of it.
Principal Thomas: I'll do what I can, but you have to realise...Sooner or later...people will figure it out.... there's a hell gate under Kilmatogh.
County Manager: The Council has faith you can handle this job. But if you feel that you can't, then perhaps you might find your precious magic school closed not just for the winter months.
Principal Thomas: I'll handle it. I'll get them to come out to the bog and your guards can arrest them for trespassing on private Council property.
County Manager: Fine, just make it happen.
Principal Thomas: I will.

So, there you see it; he's doing the Council's bidding and laying a trap for you. Also, don't go to the local Press, their office is always being monitored.

217The Mystery starts here! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:13 pm

Marychristmas

Marychristmas

That's it -the conspiracy is uncovered! DanTheMan was right when he interviewed the Cummings and said as much. But I doubt he knew how high it went up! Oh, this is awful.

218The Mystery starts here! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:23 pm

Kidrotten

Kidrotten

I hate to be the one to ask, but, eh, Anonymouse, do you have any proof to back up any of your claims? I mean, it all sounds very Buffy the Vampire Slayer-esque, what with the hell mouth or hell gate or whatever you are calling the underground temple thing. I just hope you're not going to tell us the County Manager is turning into a big snake on the next solar eclipse, cos I've had just about enough giant worm stories to do me a lifetime.

219The Mystery starts here! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:25 pm

MetaMur

MetaMur

I second this (about the proof thing)! ^^

220The Mystery starts here! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:09 am

Anonymouse

Anonymouse

I do have proof as a matter of fact (and no, the County Manager is not turning into a giant snake...as far as I'm aware, at least). Here's a document that might help you understand the size of the web you are becoming tangled in: https://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/11/16/memorandum-for-the-record/

221The Mystery starts here! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:00 pm

J.Howey

J.Howey
Admin

That doc seems to show the fire at Kilmatogh bog which destroyed the settlement was not an accident; that their deaths was a pre-meditated act of destruction. Do you have access to any more of these documents that you can share with us?

Last edited by J.Howey on Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:35 pm; edited 3 times in total

222The Mystery starts here! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:03 pm

Anonymouse

Anonymouse

I do. Actually, I see Kidrotten has found the XUAL logo picture (with the link in the metadata to the encrypted .txt file) I posted online a few months ago. We have the full case-files for those secret experiments that Cassin and his team conducted using funds provided (unknown to the public, hence  the secrecy) by the Dept. of Defence.

223The Mystery starts here! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:22 pm

Kidrotten

Kidrotten

Anonymouse wrote:I see Kidrotten has found the XUAL logo picture (with the link in the metadata to the encrypted .txt file) I posted online a few months ago.
You're referring to the 'secretexperiments.txt' file? Wow; that was you? Well, Zippy, colour me pink and call me George! Hello Mr, Ms or Mrs 'Bannion', I cracked your ROT code!

224The Mystery starts here! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:24 pm

Anonymouse

Anonymouse

As you were meant to, Kidrotten.

225The Mystery starts here! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:38 pm

J.Howey

J.Howey
Admin

You're quite the whistleblower, Anonymouse!

Last edited by J.Howey on Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum