Kilmatogh
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kilmatogh

Place to discuss the Kilmatogh Community and its strange disappearance.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Mystery starts here!

+3
J.Howey
MetaMur
SusanaB
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 11]

51The Mystery starts here! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:29 pm

J.Howey

J.Howey
Admin

Yep, Susana, I've emailed them and paid their fee for the XUAL Articles of Association and Registration Cert. They've sent them as PDF scanned pages. (You can read them on Scribd here: https://www.scribd.com/doc/317215407/XUAL-Community-Reg-Cert-Memorandum-and-Articles-of-Association)
By the looks of their objectives they were researching consciousness as a scientific field. Their registered members were graduates in science - like pharmacology, psychology, etc. (So, they didn't let in ordinary Joes as members.)

Last edited by J.Howey on Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:45 pm; edited 3 times in total

http://kilmatogh.simplesite.com

SusanaB

SusanaB

Thanks for the link to the AOA. I have to say nothing strange in their objects jumps out at me.
I can only imagine what they were doing may have seemed "out there" at the time; fringe science and all that (thankfully, no mention of raising demons in their objects!).
As regards their criteria for admitting members, I can see why they'd only want science graduates; they could more easily publish papers of research with degrees behind them and not to mention being familiar with the Experimental Method. I just wish we could see some of their results; some tangible proof of their experiments. It must have been a real think-tank they had going on there in Kilmatogh (and not at all a hippy commune!).

53The Mystery starts here! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:40 pm

Marychristmas

Marychristmas

So, they were founded in 1969 and disappeared in 1982, but no one left their group in all that time? Surely there must have been one or two "malcontents", at least, that had left and survived the fire that took the rest of them?

54The Mystery starts here! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:59 pm

Kidrotten

Kidrotten

Marychristmas wrote:Surely there must have been one or two "malcontents", at least, that had left and survived the fire that took the rest of them?
That's exactly what I thought! So, last night I did a bit of sleuting on the net and I think I may have found a survivor.... but it's a total guess (so don't get your hopes up and start crying to me if it turns out I'm wrong).
Apologies my post is going to be a bit long; I took a screenshot of the sigil on the Articles of Association John uploaded to Scribd and did a reverse image search on google. It took a while but I got a number of hits.
I sieved through them but only one was an exact match to my pic; it was on a free pic sharing site and was labelled as 'demonic sigil'. LOL Anyway, I downloaded the pic to my computer and took a look at the file's properties. That's when I found a url written in the metadata to another site. My excitment was starting to build, I thought I fell down a rabbit hole and would soon enter wonderland!
I pasted the link in my browser and it brought me to a file sharing site, actually it brought me to a text file - secretexperiments.txt - and by now I was jumping up and down with excitement at my sleuthing skills!
I saved the .txt file to my desktop and when I opened the contents all it gave me was gibberish. What a load of crap! See for yourselves:

[File contents begins]

Terra Guhzof: Grfgvat ubj uhzna vagragvba pna rssrpg cynag qrirybczrag.
Cevapvcny Vairfgvtngbe(f): Znypbyz Pnffva
Cebtenz Nernf: Rkgraqrq Uhzna Pncnpvgvrf
Cebwrpg Lrne Fgnegrq: 1970
Fgnghf: Pbzcyrgrq
Eryngrq Gbcvpf: Vagragvba, Vaghvgvba, Zvaq-Znggre Vagrenpgvba, Cnencflpubybtl, Angher naq Rpbybtl
Xrljbeqf: zvaq-znggre, cynag qrirybczrag
Qrfpevcgvba: Na rkcrevzrag gb grfg gur ulcbgurfvf gung cynagf rkcbfrq gb qvfgnag vagragvbaf nssrpgf gur tebjgu engr bs gung cynag. Bire guerr zbaguf, cnegvpvcnagf sbphfrq gurve vagragvbaf gbjneqf cynag fnzcyrf ybpngrq vafvqr n furvyqrq ebbz. Bgure fnzcyrf ybpngrq bhgfvqr gur furvyqrq ebbz npgrq nf qvfgnag pbagebyf. Fubbgf sebz fnzcyrf va gur qvssrerag gerngzrag pbaqvgvbaf jrer cubgbtencurq ol n grpuavpvna. Rnpu vzntr jnf nffrffrq sbe cynag tebjgu naq gur erfhygvat qngn jnf nanylmrq, nyy ol vaqvivqhnyf oyvaq jvgu erfcrpg gb gur haqreylvat gerngzrag pbaqvgvbaf. Erfhygf fhttrfgrq gung cynag tebjgu va gur vagragvbanyyl gerngrq pbaqvgvba jrer engrq nf zber qrirybcrq guna cebkvzny pbageby fnzcyrf. Guvf bhgpbzr ercyvpngrf gur erfhygf bs na rneyvre cvybg grfg.

Tnvn'f Qernzf: Jurgure qernzf pna or hfrq nf sbez bs Cerfragvzrag.
Cebwrpg Lrne Fgnegrq: 1974
Fgnghf: Pbagvahbhf
Eryngrq Gbcvpf: Vaghvgvba, Pbyyrpgvir Pbafpvbhfarff, Pbzzhavgl naq Fbpvrgl, Fgngrf bs Pbafpvbhfarff
Xrljbeqf: qernzvat, cerqvpgvba, tebhc-zvaq
Qrfpevcgvba: Tnvn’f Qernzf vf na rkcrevzrag qrfvtarq gb erpbeq gur avtugyl qernzf bs cnegvpvcnagf bire gvzr fb gung gur qernzf pna or pngrtbevmrq nybat n ahzore bs qvssrerag inevnoyrf gb genpx pbeeryngvbaf orgjrra pbagrag naq dhnyvgl if. shgher angheny qvfnfgref yvxr rnegudhnxrf, naq shgher haangheny qvfnfgref yvxr greebevfg nggnpxf. N terng qrny bs uhzna npgvivgl vf vaibyirq va nagvpvcngvat gur shgher, ohg zbfg zbqryf bs nagvpvcngvba gnxr sbe tenagrq gung riragf hasbyq va n havqverpgvbany sybj bs gvzr, sebz cnfg gb shgher. Guvf rkcrevzrag vf pbaqhpgrq gb grfg guvf nffhzcgvba.

Gryrcbegngvba:  Zbivat culfvpny bowrpgf jvgu gur zvaq.
Cevapvcny Vairfgvtngbe(f): Zvpunry Sheybat
Pb-vairfgvtngbe(f): Znypbyz Pnffva
Cebwrpg Lrne Fgnegrq: 1978
Fgnghf: Pbzcyrgrq
Eryngrq Gbcvpf: Genafsbezngvir Cenpgvprf, Zvaq-Znggre Vagrenpgvba, Fhogyr Raretvrf
Xrljbeqf: gryrxvarfrf, nabznybhf gryrcbegngvba
Qrfpevcgvba: Fpvragvsvpnyyl vairfgvtngr naq frcnengryl qbphzrag ‘tvsgrq puvyqera’ naq nqhygf jub jrer noyr gb pnhfr gur nabznybhf gryrcbegngvba bs inevbhf fznyy, culfvpny bowrpgf sebz bar cynpr gb nabgure. Bowrpgf vapyhqrq jngpurf, ubefrsyvrf, bgure vafrpgf, enqvb zvpeb-genafzvggref, cubgbfrafvgvir cncre naq zber. Gur cnegvpvcnagf arire gbhpurq gur bowrpgf orsberunaq. Gur rkcrevzragf jrer qbar haqre obgu oyvaq naq qbhoyr-oyvaq pbaqvgvbaf, naq gur erfrnepurf vaibyirq pnzr sebz inevbhf onpxtebhaqf naq frpgbef bs gur pbzzhavgl.

Funzna Fgngr: Cflpubculfvbybtl bs Fcvevghny Genafzvffvba
Pb-vairfgvtngbe(f): Naaznevr Phzzvatf
Cebwrpg Lrne Fgnegrq: 1981
Fgnghf: Grezvangrq
Eryngrq Gbcvpf: Fgngrf bs Pbafpvbhfarff, Genafsbezngvir Cenpgvprf, Cnencflpubybtl, Fhogyr Raretvrf
Xrljbeqf: fcvevghny genafzvffvba, cnenflzcngul, cflpbgebcvp qehtf, cbffrffvba
Qrfpevcgvba: Gur Funzna rkcrevzragf jrer pbaqhpgrq gb bowrpgviryl grfg gur culfvbybtvpny pbeeryngrf bs fcvevghny genafzvffvba va obgu genafzvggref naq erpvcvragf, naq gb rkcyber gur vasyhrapr bs fcvevghny grnpure naq fhfprcgvovyvgl bs gur erpvcvrag haqre pbagebyyrq ynobengbel pbaqvgvbaf. Bhe nvz jnf gb svaq abgnoyr fvzvynevgvrf va gur fhowrpgviryl ercbegrq vafgnaprf bs fcvevghny genafzvffvba npebff phygherf, npebff fcvevghny genqvgvbaf, naq npebff ercbegf gung unir orra qbphzragrq va bpphyg yvgrengher sbe praghevrf. Cnegvpvcnagf hfrq cflpubgebcvp qehtf gb tnva urvtugrarq fgngrf bs pbafpvbhfarff naq vgf rssrpgf ercbegrq enatr va inyrapr naq vagrafvgl, ohg nccrne gb vaibyir nebhfny bs gur cnenflzcngurgvp areibhf flfgrz (ulcre npgvingvba bs gur yvzovp flfgrz) fhpu nf bofreirq qhevat n znavp be cflpubgvp rcvfbqr. Gurfr rssrpgf bsgra bpphe va gur pbagrkg bs frireny raivebazragny phrf, naq gurersber pbhyq or va ynetr cneg nggevohgrq gb n xvaq bs cynprob be rkcrpgnapl rssrpg, ohg guvf rkcynangvba vf yvzvgrq ol gur snpg gung gurer ner znal fhowrpgvir ercbegf bs guvf curabzraba ol crbcyr jvgu nccneragyl ab cevbe rkcrpgnapl be fcvevghny bevragngvba.

[File contents ends]

That's it! What an utter waste of a good night's rest! Well, anybody else got any other bright ideas?

Last edited by Kidrotten on Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:17 pm; edited 6 times in total

55The Mystery starts here! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:50 pm

Marychristmas

Marychristmas

That's not a waste at all. What you found and how you found it is pretty damn fantastic! Great sleuthing skills, Kidrotten!
However, you mentioned that you think you "may have found a survivor"... Where'd you see him or her? You failed to point them out (sorry if it's obvious to everyone else, I might be a bit thick).

56The Mystery starts here! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:59 pm

Kidrotten

Kidrotten

He's in the metadata of the "secretexperiments.txt" file.
First save the file to your computer (I saved it as XUAL Logo2) and without even opening it, right click on the icon and view "Properties". When the Properties box opens, click on the "Summary" tab, and under Author field you'll see "Bannion".

The Mystery starts here! - Page 3 Logo_m11

Could be the same "Mr Dermot Bannion" mentioned as Treasurer of the XUAL Community in the AOA J.Howey got?

Last edited by Kidrotten on Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

57The Mystery starts here! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:12 pm

Marychristmas

Marychristmas

Holy cow, you're right! I repeat: Great find, Kidrotten!

58The Mystery starts here! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:19 pm

SusanaB

SusanaB

I agree with Mary, great find; very well done! Now, if we can only contact him and ask him about what happened to his "Community"!
But that might be too much to ask... Chap must be well into his eighties, if he's the original Treasurer.

59The Mystery starts here! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:28 pm

Kidrotten

Kidrotten

Oh, yeah! Oops. Mm...Maybe it's his offspring or grandson/granddaughter, eh? Thought it's not without the possibility that it's him (though I really can't imagine some old guy with ancient wrinkly fingers typing on a computer keyboard uploading photos and text files to modern websites!).

60The Mystery starts here! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:33 pm

SusanaB

SusanaB

Now, now! Don't be ageist, Kidrotten. There's quite a lot of people you'd consider "old" who are perfectly capable of typing and uploading files and doing amazing things on the internet these days. Besides he was a scientist, he'd probably know more about computers than you or I put together.

61The Mystery starts here! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:40 pm

Marychristmas

Marychristmas

You're spot on SusanaB! There's plenty of men and women in their 80's who are still active and don't let their age slow them down one bit.
BTW, where's J.Howey gone? I would have thought he'd be online by this time. Wasn't he suppose to tell us how he got on? He was going out to the former site of the XUAL Community, right?

62The Mystery starts here! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:03 pm

SusanaB

SusanaB

Marychristmas wrote:BTW, where's J.Howey gone?...He was going out to the former site of the XUAL Community, right?
Well, he said he was. I'm sure he'd be very please to know what Kidrotten has found!

63The Mystery starts here! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:48 pm

J.Howey

J.Howey
Admin

Sorry for the delay in posting on here, but I had a bad experience when I went to the former site of the XUAL Community. Here's how it went down:
Saturday morning I made sure to charge my mobile phone to take pictures for you guys. Then I set off from town and parked just off the side of the road roughly two miles south of Blackross. I walked back and forth about 50 yards until I found the remnants of an old road.
The Mystery starts here! - Page 3 10005410
I followed it southeast on foot for about a half a mile past the treeline and come to a vast clearing where the ground became very boggy. I believe this was Kilmatogh.
I moved closer to the centre of this boggy area and was surprised to see no indication there'd been any settlement. I took photos until an unexpected noise caused me to stand to attention. I caught the distinct sound of footsteps clopping on the wet ground behind me. I turned around to see what was making the noise but saw nothing.
“Hello?” I called out. “Anyone there?”
No response whatsoever, just the chirping of birds and the hum of flies.
The sky was darkening like it was just about to open. The weather app on my phone said zero chance of rain, but the grey clouds overhead told me otherwise. I thought about legging it the half mile back to my car before the rain arrived, but it came down too fast and hard. I darted into the treeline and stood under a large oak tree. The raindrops pelted the ground and I couldn't see for the rain teeming down from an increasingly darkening sky. Then, as if something guided where my eyes were looking, I saw a shadow moving stealthily across the bog. Too big to be a bird, too fast to be human. 'You're just seeing things,' I told myself. Then the rain stopped as quick as it had started.
I watched and listened. Even the silence seemed intimidating, like something sinister hid behind it just waiting for the right moment to attack. That's when I heard it. Voices.. or well it sounded like voices somewhere. Maybe a radio? I don't know. I could feel myself shaking as my mind desperately tried to sort reality from imagination.
It was so dark, like the sun had become dim. I thought I could hear a quiet rustling somewhere, something moving nearby me through the trees. With my back against the oak tree, I looked around. I couldn't tell if it was me moving or a 'shadow' was undulating around me, shifting like the slow, steady motion of breathing. My heart pounded in my chest and my guts were doing a square dance.
The hairs on my neck started to bristle as if with static electricity. I felt dread like I'd never felt before. 'John,' I thought to myself, 'either you've really lost your mind or you're in big, big trouble.' I had just finished that though when my body was pitched forward and slammed into the soggy ground. Before I knew what was happening, I was trapped under an unseen crushing weight that held me. My arms and legs were smacking into underbrush and trees like an animal instinctively struggling to get loose, but in my terror and shock I felt no pain. I squirmed, twisted, gasped for breath, and lashed out at whatever it was holding me down. I felt some resistance against the motion of my arms like stroking through water. The air seemed thick with 'it'. I wondered what the heck was holding me down, even though part of me wanted to regress back to childhood and just close my eyes until the phantom or monster or whatever it was, went away.
Then my throat began to compress, squeezing shut. I think I remember blackening out. I don't know for how long I was unconscious. When I came to, the weight was gone and I could fill my lungs with air again. I noticed I was now struggling against nothing, but the terror I felt was still there, the sinister presence still lingered in my vicinity. I got to my feet and drew another breath. I was sufficiently frightened at that point all I wanted was to get out of there as fast as my aching legs could carry me. When I got to my car I noticed my phone's screen was cracked and water had gotten through it destroying the inside electronics. It's totally knackered. I took me till now to settle my nerves and I'll tell you something; I won't be going back there alone ever again - not after that experience!

Last edited by J.Howey on Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:05 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added map of County leitrim and approximate locality of Kilmatogh bog.)

64The Mystery starts here! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:33 pm

Kidrotten

Kidrotten

Sounds like you're halucinating! You shouldn't eat wild mushrooms. I tell ya, dude, those shrooms will mess your freaking head up. lol!

65The Mystery starts here! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:23 pm

SusanaB

SusanaB

Leave the poor chap alone, Kidrotten! How awful for you, John. Whether real or imagined, that experience would give me nightmares for the rest of my life!

66The Mystery starts here! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:29 pm

Marychristmas

Marychristmas

Sounds like a place haunting to me, actually. Must have been a suicide or other nasty event there in the past. I'm not superstitious, but it might be worth reading up on the local folklore about the area or at least asking the parish priest for the skinny on the Kilmatogh Community. They usually have a wealth of old stories handed down the generations don't they?

67The Mystery starts here! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:33 pm

Kidrotten

Kidrotten

Oh please, you're telling me you both believe his story? C'mon!
The Mystery starts here! - Page 3 2604c811

68The Mystery starts here! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:36 pm

Marychristmas

Marychristmas

What's the alternative; that poor old John has lost his marbles?!
The Mystery starts here! - Page 3 97974-10

69The Mystery starts here! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:40 pm

SusanaB

SusanaB

Have a bit of respect you two! He's had a bad experience, can't you just accept that?

70The Mystery starts here! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:42 pm

Kidrotten

Kidrotten

Only one lousy picture of a lane for us to look at? I don't believe it! You know the oft-repeated phrase of our nascent Internet Age: “Pics, or it didn't happen”? That's why I doubt his story, or, at least, the objective occurrence of the events in his story. Of course, it could have happened purely in his mind, which I'm not ruling out.

71The Mystery starts here! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:52 pm

J.Howey

J.Howey
Admin

Funny memes aside, I'm sorry to hear about your lack of confidence in me, I really am. Being truthful is important to me, but so is being respected. That's why I was slow to post on this forum after coming back from Kilmatogh bog, as I knew my experience of what happened there wouldn't be believed easily.
You're very smart and your contribution in sleuting the net looking for a match to the XUAL logo tells me that you are very resourceful. I appreciate that you have strong opinions, but I don't have any photos as proof of my story since my phone got damaged (as I already mentioned).
Asking the priest about the community in Kilmatogh is a very good idea, Mary, thank you very much for the suggestion! He'd know all about them if he's been administering in the parish long enough. I'll talk to him soon as I can.

Last edited by J.Howey on Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:33 pm; edited 2 times in total

72The Mystery starts here! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:58 pm

SusanaB

SusanaB

Please let us know anything new you find out from the priest. I'm positively on the edge of my seat to hear how this mystery develops.

73The Mystery starts here! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:02 pm

J.Howey

J.Howey
Admin

I will do, SusanaB, no worries.

Last edited by J.Howey on Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

74The Mystery starts here! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:41 pm

MetaMur

MetaMur

Hi all. Since finding out the founder's name was Malcolm Cassin, I looked up my old magazines and discovered in the Table of Contents of one of them he'd written a small article for Destiny Magazine (Spring Issue, 1975). I tried to scan the page that the article is on, but failing in the end, I've retyped it all and pasted it below with the picture of the XUAL community:

Extended Human Capacities: How does consciousness interact with the physical world?

Nikola Tesla said it best, “the day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.” For quite some time now, physicists have been exploring the relationship between human consciousness and its relationship to the structure of matter. Previously it was believed that a Newtonian material universe was the foundation of our physical material reality. This all changed when scientists began to recognize that everything in the universe is made out of energy.

“Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real” – Niels Bohr

Atomic physicists discovered that atoms are made up of vortices of energy that are constantly spinning and vibrating. Physical matter, at its tiniest observable level, is energy, and human consciousness is connected to it, human consciousness can influence its behaviour and even re-structure it. Some of the experiments we have conducted have proven this.

I want to make it clear that our intention of conducting these experiments is to demonstrate that thoughts, intentions, prayer and other units of consciousness can directly influence our physical material world. Consciousness can be a big factor in creating change on the planet. Sending thoughts of love, healing intent, prayer, good intention, and more can have a powerful influence on what you are directing those feelings towards.

Our XUAL Community research program investigates the 'psychophysical interconnectness' of states of consciousness: including intuition; presentiment; intention and attention's effects on the physical world, including inanimate and living organisms; and human capacities extending beyond the conventional boundaries of space and time.

The Mystery starts here! - Page 3 1030-910

By studying these phenomena, we seek a more comprehensive understanding of reality; the relationship between subjective and objective states; the nature of consciousness and the self, and the fabric of space and time. Most of this work is conducted in our community base.

75The Mystery starts here! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:40 pm

J.Howey

J.Howey
Admin

Interesting find, MetaMur, thanks for posting it! Sounds a little like an advertisement. Is that picture from the artictle as well?

Last edited by J.Howey on Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum