Kilmatogh
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kilmatogh

Place to discuss the Kilmatogh Community and its strange disappearance.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Mystery starts here!

+3
J.Howey
MetaMur
SusanaB
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 11]

101The Mystery starts here! - Page 5 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:58 pm

J.Howey

J.Howey
Admin

Yep, SusanaB. I've started working on the plan for the book's layout, which follows the usual format:

Title page (should include the title, sub-title, author)
Copyright page (shows the copyright notice, publisher’s name, ISBN, name of the editor, designer, photographer, etc., as appropriate)
Contents page (gives list of chapters with a corresponding page number).
List of maps and illustrations (a list might be beneficial to the reader).
Preface (sets out why and how a book is written).
Acknowledgements (page to acknowledge the people and institutions that have assisted in a book’s publication)
Introduction (introductory matter)
Text (main body of the book divided into chapters)
Endmatter (the endmatter or conclusion)
Appendixes (appendix matter, e.g. Appendix A, B, etc.).
Glossary (a list of technical terms and definitions alphabetically ordered—either by word or by letter)
Bibliography (the bibliography of books and online sources used in the production of the book).

To produce the physical tome, I'm going the route of self-publishing but I haven't yet established a timeline or full production cost (I'll need to pay for an editor and a graphic designer to design the cover). Other details of the physical book should be:

Format: A5
Paper stock: 80 gsm (grams per square metre)
Page extent: 140 pp (pages)
Cover: 150 gsm card
Total print run: 250 copies.

This is my first time writing a book (much less a history book), and publication seemed (until quite recently) beyond my reach. Publishing was as mysterious a process as any and I lacked confidence in my ability to produce a work that's acceptable to potential readers. I guess only time will tell if I can pull it off. So, what do you think?

Last edited by J.Howey on Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:51 pm; edited 3 times in total

http://kilmatogh.simplesite.com

102The Mystery starts here! - Page 5 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:54 pm

Marychristmas

Marychristmas

J.Howey wrote:I got a letter from the Guards this morning, they're not willing to discuss the matter of the fire in Kilmatogh that killed everyone in the XUAL Community
How can they NOT accede to your request? They're civil servants, paid by the taxpayer's money; they have to! It's like the Catholic Church in this country sweeping the abuse cases under the carpet.

103The Mystery starts here! - Page 5 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:30 pm

SusanaB

SusanaB

J.Howey wrote:Yep, SusanaB. I've started working on the plan for the book's layout.....
That's really great! I hope you'll post the chapters on here so we can all read them and maybe give you some helpful feedback?

104The Mystery starts here! - Page 5 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:37 pm

J.Howey

J.Howey
Admin

That's an idea! But first though, I've got to go back out to the former site of the XUAL Community and take pics of the bog for the 'Introduction' section of the book. I feel I can't explain how the site currently looks without pictures to go along with it to illustrate. Though after what happened to me the last time I went to the bog, and the craziness Dr. Broadbent succumbed to after excavating there, I'm very nervous about going. I really hope there isn't a curse on the place!

Last edited by J.Howey on Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://kilmatogh.simplesite.com

105The Mystery starts here! - Page 5 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:40 pm

Kidrotten

Kidrotten

All I can advise is: 'Stay away from the magic mushrooms!' lol!

106The Mystery starts here! - Page 5 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:42 pm

SusanaB

SusanaB

Leave John alone, Kidrotten!
The Mystery starts here! - Page 5 Do-not11

107The Mystery starts here! - Page 5 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:22 pm

DanTheMan

DanTheMan

When I was digging for information prior to my interview with the Cummings family, I only found slight details on what the community were experimenting on; something about how consciousness can affect the physical material world. Their experiments weren't published in any peer review journal that I know of (or found). Though, if any of you know how to decrypt those secretexperiment.txt files that Kidrotten discovered (Mary, you virtuoso, I'm looking at you!), please have a crack at it as I'd like to read them. Many thanks, Dan.

108The Mystery starts here! - Page 5 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:29 pm

Marychristmas

Marychristmas

Sorry Dan, decryption is not my forte, perhaps some other member on the forum can crack it?

109The Mystery starts here! - Page 5 Empty Re: The Mystery starts here! Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:43 pm

Kidrotten

Kidrotten

Actually, Dan, now that you've asked, I've already cracked it! Took me ages but I figured that it was a ROT letter substitution encryption. Here is the whole file translated for those interested (because I sure amn't):

Green Thumbs: Testing how human intention can effect plant development.
Principal Investigator(s): Malcolm Cassin
Program Areas: Extended Human Capacities
Project Year Started: 1970
Related Topics: Intention, Intuition, Mind-Matter Interaction, Parapsychology, Nature and Ecology
Keywords: mind-matter, plant development
Description: An experiment to test the hypothesis that plants exposed to distant intentions affects the growth rate of that plant. Over three months, participants focused their intentions towards plant samples located inside a sheilded room. Other samples located outside the sheilded room acted as distant controls. Shoots from samples in the different treatment conditions were photographed by a technician. Each image was assessed for plant growth and the resulting data was analyzed, all by individuals blind with respect to the underlying treatment conditions. Results suggested that plant growth in the intentionally treated condition were rated as more developed than proximal control samples. This outcome replicates the results of an earlier pilot test.

Gaia's Dreams: Whether dreams can be used as form of Presentiment.
Project Year Started: 1974
Related Topics: Intuition, Collective Consciousness, Community and Society, States of Consciousness
Keywords: dreaming, prediction, group-mind
Description: Gaia’s Dreams is an experiment designed to record the nightly dreams of participants over time so that the dreams can be categorized along a number of different variables to track correlations between content and quality vs. future natural disasters like earthquakes, and future unnatural disasters like terrorist attacks. A great deal of human activity is involved in anticipating the future, but most models of anticipation take for granted that events unfold in a unidirectional flow of time, from past to future. This experiment is conducted to test this assumption.

Teleportation:  Moving physical objects with the mind.
Principal Investigator(s): Michael Furlong
Co-investigator(s): Malcolm Cassin
Project Year Started: 1978
Related Topics: Transformative Practices, Mind-Matter Interaction, Subtle Energies
Keywords: telekineses, anomalous teleportation
Description: Scientifically investigate and separately document ‘gifted children’ and adults who were able to cause the anomalous teleportation of various small, physical objects from one place to another. Objects included watches, horseflies, other insects, radio micro-transmitters, photosensitive paper and more. The participants never touched the objects beforehand. The experiments were done under both blind and double-blind conditions, and the researches involved came from various backgrounds and sectors of the community.

Shaman State: Psychophysiology of Spiritual Transmission
Co-investigator(s): Annmarie Cummings
Project Year Started: 1981